Thursday, September 11, 2014

It still has power

I woke up this morning, saw the date, and got upset.

Even after 13 years, what those bastards did has the power to injure.

I thought I'd cried my last tear over it, and then I got in the shower, turned on the spray and the tears began.

And it still makes me so damn mad. Maybe it's because I'm a city girl, but I hate hate HATE that terrorists took something we're so proud of -- our city skylines -- and turned them into weapons that can frighten us.

Someday perhaps I'll wake up on 9/11 and not feel this way. Or maybe I don't really want to get over it. As JFK said in the fall of 1963, "A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers."

1 comment:

  1. Very well said--I hate that hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.