1) The video was shot on a street corner in Echo Park in central Los Angeles. If you saw a film crew making a video in your neighborhood, would you stop to watch? Or would you just keep walking? It depends on what else is going on. I have happily spent a lazy lunch hour watching TV shows film their exteriors. But one night, when I was running late and eager to get home to the gentleman I was dating -- he who complained about the hours I was working -- traffic was bollixed up so Julia Roberts could cross the street at the same corner, over and over, take after take. When I told the cab driver it would be OK with me if he hit her, I was very nearly kidding.
2) The singer says he remembers his girl in every dream he dreams. Do you remember if you dreamed last night? I seldom remember my dreams … unless they're really headshakingly weird.
3) The band Train is from San Francisco. Have you ever visited The City by the Bay? Yes. It's a lovely, very walkable city.
4) Lead singer Pat Monahan got his start in a Led Zeppelin cover band. Can you name a Led Zeppelin song? Just "Stairway to Heaven." I'm afraid my Zep knowledge is very thin.
5) In doing research for this week's Saturday 9, Crazy Sam discovered a publication called Trains, The Magazine of Railroading. What's the last magazine you flipped through? The August issue of Glamour. Now I want a dark wash denim wrap skirt. I can pair it with black or navy tights and be set for any occasion.
6) Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower? I'm a loner. I go my own way.
|I love culture|
7) Scholars tell us that "To be or not to be" is Shakespeare's most quoted line. Give us another one. "Friends, Romans and Countrymen, lend me your ears. I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them."
8) How do you listen to music on the go? Car radio? CD changer? iPod/mp3 player? Your phone? My iPod.
9) Are you a convincing liar? I can be.