Saturday, October 06, 2012

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Don't Talk to Strangers

I have been playing this meme for so long that waking up this morning and not seeing new questions made me feel .... ooky. Because I'm hopeful Bud will find someone to fill Crazy Sam's shoes, I'm still playing. I found a week I never played from December 2009.

1. Tell us about a night that you spent with someone who was a stranger, yet by the end of the night you were very close. I was a new employee at the agency where I currently work. There was an informal conference room party to celebrate an achievement and I grabbed a beer (the brewmaster was our client) and went back to my office to finish the project at hand. The account exec I was working with followed me to see if I had any questions or needed help. Perhaps because we each had a beer in hand, we got to talking beyond work. (In fact, he remembers me insulting his shirt. I admit I did hate that Hawaiian shirt that he wore on occasion.) Before we knew it, it was after hours and everyone else had gone home but we were still yapping. We realized how well we got along, both professionally and personally, and soon he became my best friend and closest confidante. He still is.

2. When is the last time you rode the bus?
I don't drive, so public transportation is my car. I ride all the time.

3. Describe the last time you stood up for a cause.
I got a call this week from Obama 2012 and yes, between now and Election Day I will phone bank. I worked very hard for John Kerry in 2004 (months of writing letters, answering phones, filling out forms for the FEC, recruiting volunteers) and that didn't work out well. My heart was broken into so many pieces that I have stayed away from the fray except for my checkbook. But, damn you, Barack Obama, that lousy performance int he debates this week makes it imperative that we all get back into the game.

4. What is something you would like to do, but you're afraid of the risk(s)?
See above. I cannot tell you how shattered I was by Election Day 2004.

5. What would you most like to accomplish before the year is over?
I'd like to lose 25 lbs. Or 2 lbs. Or a frigging ounce.



6. Name something you miss about 2009.
The Bumbles' Monday Movie Memes. I played every week and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Mr. and Mrs. B. had a baby and hung up their blog, but it was fun while it lasted. (It's a familiar story, isn't it, Saturday 9-ers?)
 
7. If you could invent something, what would it be?
I live in a condo building, and I would LOOOOOVE a way to somehow see if the washers are in use without hauling my clothes, sheets and towels down for freaking floors to the laundry room … only to have to haul them all the way back up because somebody beat me to it.

8. What first got you started blogging? I wanted to create an accurate snapshot of my life at any given moment. I appreciate Facebook for keeping up with family and friends, but it's hardly a true reflection of me.

9. How did you find this meme?
I believe it was through Kwizgiver.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you with Obama! I did a final post, I was late cuz my stag was last night...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.