Friday, August 20, 2010

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Welcome Back

1. Where were you the last time that someone welcomed you back? Absolutely nothing comes to mind. Isn't that sad?

2. Tell us who is you favorite non-family member to hang out with? My best friend. I'm both my most comfortable and my most engaged with him, and time flies.

3. What was the last thing that happened to anger you? My crazy old neighbor vandalized the washers and dryers ... again.

4. What was the last thing that you saw that was shocking to see? That people (OK, a friend of a friend on Facebook) actually believe Obama is a "Muslim traitor." I thought such people were an urban myth, like Bigfoot.

5. What is your favorite thing to do on Saturday besides Saturday 9? Nothing. I love being lazy on the weekends.

6. Have you had your summer vacation yet? If yes tell us about it. I don't take summer vacations. I take a spa trip (this year to Colonial Williamsburg) in the spring and visit friends in Key West between Christmas and New Year's. That gives me a perfect balance of pampering and partying.

7. Pick out one of your cousins and tell us about them. My poor Cousin Kathy. She is my uncle's only child, and his mental and physical disintegration must be very hard on her. I can't imagine being her position, and having to deal with the choices she has to make when it comes to dealing with an ailing parent while trying to be a good mother to her own sons.

8. Do you have any special plans for next week? Yet another trip to the dentist! Yea! I'm only being a little sarcastic. This dental work (all for a single, exceptionally troublesome cavity) has taken up entirely too much of my time, energy and money … since March! I hope that Tuesday's appointment is the last in the series.

9. At what age will you consider yourself old and why? Oooh, that's a tough one. Sometimes I feel older than Methuselah right now, and other times I feel like a kid.

6 comments:

  1. Bigfoot doesn't exist? Huh? (Just kidding!) Great answers. Have a good one!

    cheers!

    Debster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Mayor was interviewed as an onlooker at a Tea Party rally and he questioned Obama's citizenship. Of course it made headlines and hit YouTube.

    Have a good Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/heres-a-shout-out-thank-you-peeps/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no--crazy old neighbor strikes again.

    Good luck with the dental work. What a hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a customer who is a bright nice guy until he talks politics. He thinks that Muslim/traitor stuff is real too. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, neighbors are sometimes annoying. good luck with your dentist visit. :)

    my entry is here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yipes, I hate the dentist. Hope your trial and tribulations with your dentistry issue is over soon! Have a great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.