Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Shall Prevail

Every year the USPS sponsors a food drive. This year it's on May 8. It's a fabulously simple and effective idea -- on Saturday morning you put non-perishable food out, labeled for the food drive, and your mail carrier delivers your mail and carries off your contribution.

Except in my building.

My feisty and possibly crazy old neighbor picks through the donations and takes what he wants. He's not needy, he's hostile. In addition to stealing from the poor, he has been known to steal my newspapers and key another neighbor's car.

But this year I believe I have outsmarted him. For every time I go to the grocery store, between now and May 8, I will pick up baby food. So far I have bananas, prunes and oatmeal. It will help the hungry families and it will thwart my nasty old neighbor.

HA!

5 comments:

  1. oh i love it Gal...dont forget the baby cereal...!!! you are so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me a good chuckle this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Outwit that meanie! And I'm glad you reminded me to pick up an extra bag of staples. I may toss in some baby goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Thanks for letting me know of the date. I'm always caught with nothing in on my shelves!
    As for your neighbor, that is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, our mail carrier came two hours early today! I sent BB to put our food bag out by the mailbox, and he came back with today's mail.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.