Thursday, July 08, 2010

Look who I met today

A coworker brought her baby boy into the office for the first time. It was fascinating to see him. Born mid-April, he's already so long and lean and friendly! It's a curious phenomenon to see the bump I spent day in and day out with as a fully-formed human being. And, after the loss we found out about earlier this week, it was heartening to see a baby, good to see life renewing itself.

Don't know if Mom is going to come back from maternity leave. We certainly need her, though she doesn't seem especially eager to leave him.

(This photo wasn't taken today. It's about 10 days old. Mom sent it to me because, well, guess who gave him the outfit!)

6 comments:

  1. I am loving his Cubs onesie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Cubs fan already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he will be the Cubbies' good luck charm. He sure is a sweetie. I don't blame her if she wants to stay home all day and love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's about PeterBella's age ... :) Sports fans, what they do with their babies! I bought PB a Flyers onesie so he could pose with the Godfather of love in it.

    (That baby is so cute, I just wanna smish him!)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.