Thursday, July 08, 2010

"Let's continue."

So said our fearless leader, Lou Piniella, after Wednesday's sweep of Diamondbacks. Our win streak has reached three! And trust me, this season that is cause for celebration!

I just wish the Dodgers -- our next opponents on this West Coast jaunt -- weren't so good this year. And I wish these weren't all night games! The late starts screw with my schedule -- I eat too much and forget to do my evening "Clean Me." I guess that means that the 2010 Gal is about as consistent and disciplined as her 2010 Cubs.

Amazingly enough, I saw a former coworker in the stands. I heard he'd retired to Arizona and there he was, sitting behind some Cubs fans in full Cubbie regalia whom the camera lingered on for a long moment. The Diamondbacks only pull less than 30,000 fans this year but still, what are the odds that I'd be able to recognize someone I know in the stands?

Oh well, it's time to sing myself to sleep with, "Go, Cubs, go ..." I shall dream of my team continuing their hot streak into the All-Star break.

2 comments:

  1. Streaks come and go. Enjoy it while it lasts. The Phils are coming to town soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool to see someone you know!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.