Friday, December 05, 2008

Top 5 on Friday Music Meme

Top 5 albums by classic rock artists

The Beatles White Album. There may be better Beatle albums, but none is more fun. Plus, the White Album and I share the same release/birth day.

Born in the USA. Bruce Springsteen. I'm ambivalent about this one, since it's the album that produced all the hits ... and took my Bruce and turned him into an arena concert star. No more up-close-and-personal, small venues after this. But I think its success is because it was the perfect convergence of artist, message and time.

Band on the Run. Paul McCartney and Wings. Sir Paul hits his solo stride. This CD sounds so great. The song transition is almost seamless and the production is terrific.

The Eagles Greatest Hits. All meat, no filler.

Still Crazy After All These Years. Paul Simon. "I Do It for Your Love" is one the sweetest, most underrated love songs in the history of recorded sound.

To play along yourself, or to see how other bloggers responded, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Still Crazy is an awesome album, and I still have the vinyl copy!

    I love ALL of your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Band on the Run is one of my favorite by Macca with Wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm a little blonde and I don't know what 'meme' stands for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I wasn't sure what "meme" means literally, so I looked it up at The Daily Meme: In the context of web logs / 'blogs / blogging and other kinds of personal web sites it's some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on. I generally consider these to be actual questions and not some multiple choice quizzes that determine some result at the end (what color you are most like, what cartoon character are you, what 80s movie are you)."

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.