Saturday, December 06, 2008

Rewarded for dozing off

I fell asleep on the sofa again. Usually I wake up at about 3:30 AM, stumble off to bed, and wake up feeling most unrefreshed when the alarm goes off at 6:00. And I promise myself I'll never do anything so stupid again.

Until this morning.

Unbeknownst to me, at dawn on Saturday mornings, channel 5 runs a show called Open House Chicago, which is really an infomercial for fabulously expensive homes throughout the Chicagoland area. This morning they featured condos in a building I have really wanted to get inside of -- The Palmolive Building.

The Art Deco building was built in the 1920s and, when I was a kid, became The Playboy Building. When Hefner's daughter took over, one of her moves was sell this fabulous building and it was developed for condos. That's when it reinstated the original name. When Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston were a couple, they considered moving here. Today it's home to Cubs' skipper Lou Pinella.

It's right on North Michigan, so I bet all the views are terrific. The rooms obviously have huge windows and, I imagine, high ceilings. But I've never seen inside. Until today!

Hello, Gorgeous! Set-in bookcases, huuuuuge bathrooms and marble fireplaces. I am in love. It would be delightful to live in a building that welcomes me home with a beacon! I simply must win that lottery drawing tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Whenever I doze off in front of the tv, I wake up to something increadably boring. Or disturbing.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.