Monday, November 10, 2008

Yup, that's Debra Winger



I saw Rachel Getting Married yesterday. Yes, the critics are all correct -- Anne Hathaway is that good in the lead role (but the movie ran a little long, perhaps because we saw every virtually every damn moment of the wedding and reception). But for me, the revelation was Debra Winger as Abby, the withdrawn Mother of the Bride. She's so good, and playing so far against type, that I didn't even recognize her at first. Guess it's because, to me, she'll always be the small town girl who gets carried out of the factory and onto Happily Ever After.

1 comment:

  1. There's not to many movies that strike me as wanting to go see, but this one looks good. I just love a "tell it like it is" character, particularly when everyone else is on eggshells. (Kind of sounds like my life with one of my kids....)

    So where has Debra been?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.