Sunday, November 09, 2008

I simply can't live like this

Am I going to be let go tomorrow? Wednesday? After Thanksgiving? Not at all?

I don't know. And there is nothing I can do about it.

I resist situations I can do nothing about. It's my nature to stir things up and force an issue, because doing something almost always feels better than doing nothing. But that would be stupid. Every day that I work is another day I get paid for. I must remember that I am the only asset The Gal, Inc., has. I don't have a working spouse or wealthy relatives. All I have is me. So while it might be satisfying to go into my boss' office tomorrow and say, "If you're gonna lay me off, just do it already!", it would be ridiculously unwise.

But this is all I think about, and it's pointless. So I'm going to the movies, maybe a little Christmas shopping.

4 comments:

  1. I hope the movies and shopping took your mind off things for a while.

    Limbo... is tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So were you able to keep quiet today??? Bet you dropped some comments...it must be hard to go in everyday and wonder if it's your last day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I've been a very good girl thus far this week. The closest to getting myself in trouble I've come was a joke I made to the security guard downstairs. I misplaced my building ID and had to get a temp that's good for today only. I told him how pissed I'd be if I had to spend the $10 to get a new one, only to be let go. He laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would drive me crazy too. ARRGHHH. Hoping the diversion helped for awhile.Hang in (that sounds so lame, doesn't it?). Don't know what to say except this is unfortunatly part and parcel all over the country today. I am single and "on my own" at your age as well...My only consolation is that I'm tenured and not likely to lose my position.
    I'm sorry you're going through this stress. Again I say...argggghhh!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.