Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Tunes #10

Google or use a photo from your collection of something that involves your summer. Then tell us what music figured in the most on your summer playlist this year.

The reason for the beer bottle is two-fold:

1) The team I love with every fiber of my being -- that would be the team with the best record in the National League, The Chicago Cubs -- is having a storybook season. Whether I'm at a Cubs game, or watching a Cubs game, or listening to a Cubs game through my headphones, it's better with a cold beer.

2) "You take a drink, then pass the bottle around …" The first line from "Heart and Soul," my favorite song on my favorite new CD, Peace, Love and BBQ by Marcia Ball. Something tells me this bluesy Texas girl is singing about something stronger than beer, but never mind. This works for me and my summer.

To play along yourself, or to see how other bloggers responded, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for the Cubs to go all the way, since my Red Sox are having a rough time lately.

    Love Marcia Ball! I'll have to get a listen to that album!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.