Tuesday, August 26, 2008

10 Things I Didn't Like About School

As you read this, it might help to know that I have always suspected Ally Sheedy's character in The Breakfast Club was based on me.

1. The Monday car pool, because that's the day when my dad drove -- it was always good to start the week by being humiliated in front of four other girls

2. Most of my teachers

3. Most of my classmates, especially the really "peppy" ones filled with school spirit

4. Having to see so much of my older sister, who was on an Honor Roll goodie-goodie and only year ahead of me

5. Lunch if my best friend Judy wasn't there -- then I had to find someone else to sit with, and it was torture

6. Assemblies (see above)

7. Homework

8. Math (I was right -- as an adult I have NEVER used it!)

9. Phys Ed

10. No air conditioning made the beginning and the end of the school year BRUTAL

To play along yourself, or to see how others responded, click here.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.