Monday, August 25, 2008

Another reason to hate Madonna

Gotta give it to old Madge. She has been annoying me more, and longer, than just about any other ubiquitous celebrity. And she's at it again.

As if Barack Obama wasn't having enough trouble regaining his traction after McCain began diminishing him as a mere "celebrity" like Britney Spears or Paris Hilton, he now has The Madonna Factor to deal with. For in her new concert tour, she has a short film that compares McCain to murderous dictators, like Hitler.

Way to go, you wretched, selfish nitwit. Now it's going to be just that much harder for Obama to claim to represent and be in sync with the heartland.

I have no problem with performers using their art to express their beliefs. I am 100% in favor of them using current events to inform their art. I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen now and I grew up on John Lennon.

But that's not what the bleached blonde blow-hard is doing. There's no ideology here. She's just trying to distract the public from her (and A Rod's) marital problems by doing something "outrageous." Why couldn't she just tongue kiss Britney again?

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh...that does sound pretty weird. I am sorry I am a Modonna fan, but I am also able to see hwow this is upsetting and not a very positive art idea.

    I didn't know about this story so thank you...(and please don't hate me because sometimes I dance to Madonna music urp...)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.