Monday, August 25, 2008

There goes $400

That's how much it cost to get my holiday airline reservation from Chicago to Key West fixed. The flight I was originally booked on was cancelled, and the airline put me on a later -- not earlier -- flight. According to their rules and regulations, I can connect in Miami in less than an hour.

Trust me. It cannot be done. Not in Miami, nor in Tampa. When flying out of Chicago in December, we frequently have weather issues which delay take off. When changing planes in either of those airports, it takes longer to get through all the holiday travelers and arrive at the American Eagle gates than the rulers and regulators seem to realize. Combine a later arrival with a distant terminal and this Gal finds herself separated from her checked bag and under a lot of stress as she starts her vacation.

So I switched myself to an earlier flight out of O'Hare and hopefully that $400 will be an investment in peace of mind.

Even better, I hope I forget about the $400 in the hubbub of the holidays. I know better than to argue with the American reservation rep, because she has no choice in the matter, but this really sucks.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the new age of air travel. Remember when we used to be treated like customers?

    At least you have Key West to keep you going through the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.