Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Today would have been her birthday

#47, I believe. I wonder what a middle-aged Princess Diana would be doing. Charity work, for sure. Perhaps interfering with her sons' love lives. I don't think she would encourage them to marry as young as she did, nor to wait as long as their father did. I wonder how she would have felt about Harry's combat service. I'd like to think that she would have remarried … to JFK, Jr. and they would both still be alive today, causing unparalleled tabloid frenzy wherever they went. I guess the little girl in me still wants to believe in princesses, Camelot and happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:18 AM

    I still remember when she died. It was right before I started high school-maybe a week before...about 11 o'clock at night when I went in to say good night to my parents and seeing the news story on the news.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.