Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tuesday Tunes #4


A little fun 4th of July style:
Make a mix of at least 10 songs w/or without art that sum up Independence Day for you.

Dialogue -- Chicago ("We can make it happen, yeah! We can make it happen!" Always love this song, especially now.)
No Surrender -- Bruce Springsteen
Little Pink Houses -- John Mellencamp
If I Can Dream -- Elvis
This Land Is Your Land -- Bruce Springsteen
Blowin' in the Wind -- Bob Dylan
The Horse -- Originally by Cliff Knobles, but I love hearing it at the 4th of July parade by a school marching band
America, The Beautiful
America ("of thee I sing")
The Star-Spangled Banner (as sung by the crowd at any sporting event)

To play along, or compare your responses to everyone else's, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Great list- you came up with some that I had forgotten about. My list is up, too, if you'd like to take a peek:
    http://amy-tinyblessings.blogspot.com/2008/07/musical-memoirs-independence-day-songs.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! I was just discussing Little Pink Houses with someone, about its real meaning. Still, having spent time in Mellencamp's Indiana (folks are Hoosiers and I lived in IN for several years, too), I know of lots of little pink houses where Average Joe lives! It's OUR America!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink Houses is a popular choice this week! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:20 AM

    Haha, I love the Horse. I was in the color guard back in high school and whenever the marching band played it, we would stand up in the bleachers and dance. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.