Sunday, April 20, 2008

Right here in my own backyard!

Got a really terrific massage yesterday afternoon … right here in town!

We have three salons within a few blocks of each other that offer massage services. One is in a sumptuous setting but it's overpriced and there is terrific pressure to sign up for additional services. If there's anything that's at odds with a relaxing massage, it's being made to feel I'm expected to spend first a lot of money, and then more.

The second is more austere, and the service was perfectly adequate, but to me the greatest thing about it is that it has Sunday hours so it fits more easily into my schedule.

Like Goldie Locks, the third one I tried turned out to be just right. The masseuse was good and actually listened, tailoring her services to my needs; the price was reasonable; the salon, while a bit of a clusterfuck downstairs at reception (I was so annoyed I almost left without paying), has devoted the quieter, more relaxing upstairs to the only services I would ever be interested in -- nail care and massage.

Massages are good for my body (especially my right shoulder) and spirit. Finding this salon, right here, within walking distance, makes me soooooo happy!

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a massage before, though, I have always been curious.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.