Sunday, April 20, 2008

BIG Concern!

The rumors are all over the place -- "a major character" dies in the Sex and the City movie that opens over Memorial Day weekend. I am guessing that "major character" means not Miranda's mother-in-law nor Charlotte's friend Anthony.

As someone who has always taken SATC too seriously, I am plagued by concern about this. Yes, it could be Samantha -- always my least favorite of the Fab 4 -- because she was battling breast cancer. Or Charlotte -- finally pregnant -- because Carrie is reading to her adopted little girl in the trailer. Does this mean Carrie will help raise her dear friend's daughter?

But I fear it's Mr. Big. He had heart trouble toward the end of the series and yet still enjoyed his cigars, wine and women a bit much. Plus that does seem to be how life goes for our poor Carrie … she finally gets the man of her dreams to pop the question and he dies en route to the altar.

At least Chris Noth is back playing another of my favorite characters, good Catholic boy turned NY detective Mike Logan in L&O: Criminal Intent. So, if I'm right and poor Big does bite it, he'll still have walking-around money.

ADDITION AND SHOUTOUT TO CUPCAKE!

After giving this entirely more thought than it deserves, I have a new theory. What if the fatality is Miranda? By letting it slip herself, Cynthia Nixon might just assume that we would never think it was her! (She wrote, sitting back and feeling quite proud of her cleverness.)

4 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I hope it's Carrie?

    I did love the show, and I'm so looking forward to the movie, but Carrie. Oy vey, Carrie.

    She was not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cupcake, it IS wrong to hope it's Carrie. SJP is totally my favorite. Plus, if she dies early on, all any of us will have to enjoy for the majority of the movie is our Twizzlers.

    However, you're upset about Danny, so I'll overlook this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the Danny thing. I still can't get over it, silly as that sounds. It's been weird.

    Okay, so no Carrie. I don't want Big to go, though. Maybe Charlotte in child birth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I will have to go and track down ALL the episodes from the series. I've seen quite a few here and there...but none from the final series.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.