Friday, February 01, 2008

You big babies!


Ok, so it snowed last night and all morning. Depending on where you are in the Chicagoland area, you received between 8 and 12 inches altogether. It happens. It is winter in Chicago, after all.

Literally 2/3 of the office called in "snowed in." There was so much hysteria about the white stuff that management decided to let us all work from home. The thing of it is, though, they shared that information with us via office email. Which means if, like me, you don't have a Blackberry, you had to come into the office to find out it was virtually closed.

I arrived at work late of course. Not because of the snow, but because I had a hard time tearing myself away from truTV coverage of the Julie Jensen Murder Trial. So I get to work at my usual 9:45 to see my boss standing in the hall near my office, smiling. "We don't have to be here today," he said.

Because we stout-hearted marketers had the agency nearly to ourselves, we got a ton done without interruption and hassle and I left, feeling quite satisfied with myself, at about 1:15. Spent my free afternoon being oh-so productive: watching TV, watching snow, and eating Cheese Nips … and feeling proud of myself for the pioneer woman toughness it took to walk two blocks down a ploughed street, stand on a covered el platform, and board a heated train. Yep, I'm tough as they come.

2 comments:

  1. When everyone else in the country gets snowed in, NJ gets rain and it warms up.

    HUH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, are you in chicago? We should ge ttogether!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.