Saturday, January 05, 2008

THAT'S who Obama reminds me of!

Some bloggers write that Obama reminds them of Bobby Kennedy. Nope. Not me. Bobby Kennedy was prickly with passion and righteous indignation. I hear him in John Edwards.

Or maybe Obama is like JFK. He does have youth, charisma and a gorgeous family. But no, that's not quite right either. JFK was wittier and more facile in interviews and debates than Obama.

Obama promises us hope for the future. A new way of looking at things. The ability to turn the page on the Baby Boom Generation. Shhh … Wait! What's that I hear?

"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow … Yesterday's gone. Yesterday's gone."

In 1992, Bill Clinton promised us hope for the future. A new way of looking at things. The ability to turn the page on the WWII generation. 

Ironic, isn't it?

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.