Saturday, January 05, 2008

At least Ella is OK

My heart goes out to the family of Meredith Emerson, the 24-year-old hiker who disappeared on the Appalachian Trail on Blood Mountain in Union County, GA. But ever since I first  heard this news story, I have been worried silly about her dog, Ella. Reports said that her abandoned car and beloved dog were found, but until today, I didn't know Ella's condition. 

Ella wandered into a grocery store and was positively identified by the microchip in her neck. She's fine. Thank God.

First of all, I always hate it when bad things happen to critters. Secondly, this girl clearly loves her pup. I was afraid that if the dog was found murdered, it would have meant that some awful person tortured Meredith's beloved Ella in front of her. As an animal lover, I can't even imagine the sheer terror that would have inspired in this girl.

But Ella is OK. Meredith knows the trail well and is an experienced outdoorswoman. Plus, her family takes solace in the fact that her middle name is "Hope." I'm holding out hope that Meredith's story ends up as safely as Ella's.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, it doesn't seem Ella's human is going to be found alive. They've arrested someone and are no longer calling it a rescue effort, but a recovery one. Apparently they've found some of the clothes she was wearing with substantial blood on them and her wallet and ID. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.