Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This

Look who's back!

Yes, I'm aware we lost. I watched the entire game, even after I knew we would lose (I wanted to see Glavine hug his wife, kids, mom and dad after he achieved #300). And naturally I'm heartsick about poor Alfonso Soriano. But that doesn't mitigate my joy at seeing Kerry Wood return to the mound.

He looked strong, slim and very focused. The loyal fans at Wrigley gave him an amazing welcome, and with every pitch the night was punctuated with camera flashes. It's good to know the city is behind him.

And with that happy, happy observation, this ol' gal is going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about Soriano, that loss has to hurt more then getting Wood back would make you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.