Monday, August 06, 2007

August Happiness -- Monday 6

"Oh baby, come on, let me take you where the action is. It's so neat to meet your baby where the action is …"

Today the oldies are making me happy. More specifically, an anthology of Paul Revere & the Raiders hits. "Action" was the theme of Where the Action Is! -- an even lower-rent version of American Bandstand that was on every weekday after school, right before Dark Shadows. To my gradeschool mind, there was no better or more important hour of television. I don't think I've heard this song since I've been allowed to cross the street by myself. It's fun to listen to it, and remember my Little Gal days.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love it!!! Dark Shadows was THE coolest show. Did I hear/read that Johnny Depp is obsessed with Barnabus Collins and wants to make a movie of it??

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gal: Is the set you have called "The Legend of Paul Revere"? I love this set because it has all the hits and a bunch of rarities (such as Action).

    I wish that Dick Clark would quit holding out on us and release "Where the Action Is" on DVD. Since I wasn't around when it 1st aired, I have only seen clips on various TV shows and You Tube.

    In case you didn't see it, I responded to the Rascals question you posted in the comments section of my last TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kwizgiver, now you've got imagining JD nibbling on my neck!

    Malcolm, the CD is called Kicks! 1963-1972. I'm on my way over to your blog now ...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.