Sunday, August 05, 2007

August Happiness -- August 4 and 5

This weekend, this made me happy ...

Saturday, August 4
-- Coffee shop breakfasts. Saturdays are always hectic as I bounce from grocery store to post office to bank to the vet. When I'm done, I just love sliding into the booth at my local coffee shop, ordering breakfast, and escaping into a book. This week it was french toast and orange juice with Tina Brown's biography of Princess Diana. I always leave feeling renewed and civilized.

Sunday, August 5
-- Silly laughter. This weekend I spent a lot of time with my oldest friend. We laughed about everything and nothing. No consequence, no responsibility, just laughter. It's left me so happy, relaxed, and glad to know her.

3 comments:

  1. I have a big grin on my face... your whole coffee shop experience is just like my weekly pilgrimage to Al's Diner. A good book, laid-back atmosphere, and good eats!

    And silly laughter. Isn't that the best kind?

    I'm so glad I'm copying this idea, I find myself focusing much more on the little joys of the day. And it's a fantastic mind-set for going back to school with all the changes and stress.
    :-)
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee-shop breakfasts and silly laughter - definately things to get happy about!!

    Hope your Monday is Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Hey gal,
    Had a riot this weekend -- laughing, eating, drinking. The joys of friendship. Love you dearly,
    your old pal

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.