Monday, August 27, 2007

Observations from the health club

I did 30 minutes of cardio and 16 reps each on machines designed to strengthen my flabby arms and tighten my fat ass. Because I was felt I deserved a reward, and because I'm PMS-in and am jonesing in a big way for a burger, I had planned to stop at McDonald's on the way back to my office.

As I grabbing my gym bag, I saw it. A woman was wearing just the dress I used to be able to carry off … when I had my former arms and ass. The pang of longing I felt as I looked that dress was palpable.

Of course, so were my burger cravings. I couldn't bear the thought of a salad. So I went a healthier route for the protein my hormones told me I must, MUST have. At Ada's Deli I ordered salmon salad on wheat. Omega-3s, vitamin D, calcium -- all those came with my sandwich but not with a Big Mac. Am I not a good girl (or at least, a better girl than I would have been with a fast food burger)?

I'll gaze at this photo again tonight to inspire me to graze on a friggin' salad with dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.