Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday's Feast #13

Appetizer
Who is the easiest person for you to talk to? My best friend. We never run out of things to say.

Soup
If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose? It's funny, but I've never really wanted to travel back to ancient times … Maybe Jerusalem?

Salad
What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed? I was actually within the friendly confines of Wrigley Field when my beloved, future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux, got his 3000th strike out. Baseball is a game of stats, and it was terrific to be there, in person (and in the cold, wet drizzle), when he achieved this milestone.

Main Course
If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt? I suppose that I would be both rich and famous, which means I would have a huge house at my disposal. So I'd love to do what I heard that Julia Roberts once did -- I'd go to an animal shelter and just adopt as many pets as I legally could at one time. This way I could shine a spotlight on all the homeless pets out there, and remind people that a stray is just as loving a companion as a purebred.

Dessert
What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child? Interesting question, but I don't think there's one perfect answer. I bet every woman would respond differently, depending on her health, her relationship, her finances, etc.

For more information, or to whip up your own feast, visit www.fridaysfeast.com.




14 comments:

  1. I love your publicity stunt - It's a very good idea!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful feast ... love your main course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:43 AM

    Bestfriends are the best. We have the same appetizer :)

    Great feast! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:49 AM

    I like your publicity stunt, but as it is whenever I go near a pet adoption group (outside PetSmart on weekends, for example) I have to keep chanting, "You have two already..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fully agree with your dessert. Brilliant publicity stunt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:22 AM

    Great feast! Jerusalem too ins a great choice!:) Thanks for sharing your feast:)

    Mine's up too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your publicity stunt was awesome! I didn't know that about Julia Roberts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:46 AM

    wow--I love your celebrity stunt!! Wonderful idea!! Great feast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't follow baseball at all, but I bet even I would have been excited to be there for that. - if only because everyone else was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great feast....especially the appetizer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting main course, it's sad how many animals get put to sleep because nobody wants them. :) Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy feast! What a great idea of resuing animals as a stunt. I liked your dessert too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great feast! I agree with your dessert - I think I had the same thought as I was writing mine. Maybe that's why mine sounds so mixed up?? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.