Friday, August 31, 2007

August Happiness -- Friday 31

These kids today. As a result of my own very bad planning, I ended up in front of the high school this afternoon as classes let out. To make it worse, it seems half of the 3,150 students were headed to the same fastfood restaurant as I. The sidewalk was so crowded I felt I could pick up my feet and just be swept along with the crowd. The restaurant was no better. I hate crowds, so I started getting pissy. UNTIL something occurred to me: These kids were nice.

• None of them had lit a cigarette, even after they were safely off school property.
• They were noisy, of course, but not profane or cruel. Just loud. As students just released from school should be.
• The group was racially diverse and mixed.
• Some of them were wearing VANS! God, it was good to see those shoes again! Gotta get me some.

It made me feel better about the future.

1 comment:

  1. Happy final day of Happiness Challenge. And thanks for letting me follow along, in my own way.

    It was a nice reminder that there are many more positives during the day than negatives... even though the negatives seem to be louder.

    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.