Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ah, Gracie …

This blog has been entirely too serious today, so I shall end the day's entries with a dose of lust.

Mark Grace was the color commentator for Fox's pre-post-game coverage of the Cards and Cubs. Sigh. I still love him.

Oh, he looks older and more staid than he did during his Cubbie heyday. But I don't judge. After all, I look more like a fat pigeon today than I did during his Cubbie heyday.

He's not as deft a broadcaster as he was a first baseman. He kept turning to confirm which camera had the light on. But so what? He's still my beloved Gracie.

What did surprise me was his enthusiasm for Sammy Sosa's hot streak, and his endorsement for Sammy's induction into the Hall of the Fame. When did he come around? It wasn't that long ago that he was making corked bat and steroid jokes at Sammy's expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.