Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #321

The songs we enjoyed 50 years ago. According to Billboard, here are the 13 best-selling singles of 1973. I knew all but one (#6) instantly. How about you?

1. Tie A Yellow Ribbon. Tony Orlando and Dawn

2. Bad, Bad Leroy Brown. Jim Croce

3. Killing Me Softly. Roberta Flack

4. Let's Get It On. Marvin Gaye

5. My Love. Paul McCartney & Wings

6. Why Me? Kris Kristofferson

7. Crocodile Rock. Elton John

8. Will It Go Round in Circles? Billy Preston

9. You're So Vain. Carly Simon

10. Touch Me in the Morning. Diana Ross

11. The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia. Vicki Lawrence

12. Playground in My Mind. Clint Holmes

13. Brother Louie. Stories

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I was in junior high in 1973. Was it really 50 years ago??? Geez - I remember all of these songs and most of their lyrics. It's crazy how quickly time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized all of them but #12 and remembered it after I listened to it. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about half. I've probably heard the others. I turned two in 1973, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew about half of them.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.