Thursday, August 10, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 10

My 2023 Happiness Icon

Today's Happiness: I used my words

I spent about an hour today answering personal emails. 

    The first was to my former art director. She started the day by sharing a message she received about how well she did Wednesday in a presentation. I was happy that she wanted to share her glory with me, and I reinforced her by telling her I was pleased, but not surprised, that she's doing so well in her new role.

•    The second was to my friend Joanna. I haven't heard from her in a while, but when she heard about Anthony Rizzo she reached out with a long and appropriately serious article about his concussion. It was thoughtful of her. I thanked her and let her know I miss her.

•    The last was to Rita. This one wasn't in response to anything. I was just following up because I know she was hoping to have her leg surgery this month. She's easy to get it behind her! Rita has a tumultuous relationship with her mother and has, in the past, slotted me in that spot. I wanted her to know she's not alone.

I can't sing or dance. But I can write. When you live alone like I do, it's easy to get too deep into my own head. I'm happy that I was looking outward today and used my words to be supportive.

 

3 comments:

  1. Positive words to others is one of the best ways of showing love. Again, you inspire me to do more of this. Thanks and have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also live in my own head too often (especially when I am on vacation and have limited interactions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call this "church work" here. You did your church work today.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.