2) This is the love theme from Top Gun, and the romance was between a pilot and his instructor. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? Oh, yes. One of my high school English teachers. He was Jewish, which was very exotic in my white-bread community. And he had very long, curly hair, which made him indescribably sexy.
3) The pilots in Top Gun all had cool nicknames -- including Maverick, Goose, Merlin, Cougar and Stinger. Give yourself a cool pilot name. Go To Gal. I get things done!
4) The actress who played the instructor, Kelly McGillis, owns Kelly's Caribbean Bar/Grill and Brewery in Key West. It's known for its cheese and beer dip appetizer, served with warm pretzels. What's one of your favorite between meal snacks? Lately it's been crackers. Either Club (if I want salty) or graham (if I want sweet).
5) The group who recorded this week's song is called Berlin, but they're really from Southern California. Have you ever been to Berlin? How about Southern California? I've been to both, having spent time in both Beverly Hills and Berlin, WI. (And trust me, you can't find two more different towns.)
6) Lead singer Terri Nunn has a weekly radio show, Unbound on KCSN. How often do you listen to the radio? Do you tune in for music, comedy, news or talk? I love my shower radio. I listen to the oldies and play their morning trivia game while drying my hair.
7) In 1986, when this song was popular, PeeWee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, PeeWee Herman's show had many, many adult viewers. Do you watch still watch any kid's shows? Nope.
8) Robert Pattinson, the actor who played Edward the vampire in the Twilight series, was born in 1986. Have you read the Twilight books? Seen the movies? Nope.
9) Random question: In an alternate universe, which of these professions would you like to find yourself in -- United States senator, Ivy League professor, or imminent psychiatrist? I'd be honored to be in the world's greatest deliberative body, the United States Senate.