Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 16

Look at my happy kitty
Tuesday's happiness: A long walk. The last day of my vacation. Sigh. It was sunny and humid but not too hot, so I took a nice long (1.3 mi) walk across town to the vet to pick up some kibble for Reynaldo and Connie.

It was lovely to wander across town with the Cubs-Brewers game in my headphones. And it was nice to take the time to notice my neighborhood. I'm really very happy here because it's so diverse and so lively.

My favorite sight seen: an energetic game of duck-duck-goose played by day campers at the community center. Do you suppose the counselor knew how drop-dead attractive he was, allowing himself to be chased and nearly caught by a little boy whose Batman cape trailed behind him?

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

If you want to play along, just come back here (meaning to this blog, not this individual post) each day in August, looking for the happy cat. Every day I will try to have a post with the headline: August Happiness Challenge: Day [X]. Leave a comment and then post your own daily happiness, with August Happiness Challenge in the title to make it easy to find. 



1 comment:

  1. What a great visual--handsome man being chased by tiny batman!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.