Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sunday Stealing


1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course) A nice view. I can't imagine living in a basement apartment and looking out onto people's feet all day.

2. What is your dream car? One with a driver.

3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog. I spend a lot of time on Amazon.

4. iPhone or Droid, which do you want/have? I've got Droid and I'm fine with it. (Though last week I dropped it and now the screen is all cracked.)

5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up? Drink and shop. If I had a man in my life, I'd do something else.

6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate. Pigeons

7. What did you want to be when you grew up? A great singer/dancer/actress. Alas, since I'm tone deaf and klutzy, that wasn't in the cards.

8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance? NO!

9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up? (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.) My American History teacher in high school. He was inspiring, encouraging us to comprehend what we were learning, not just puke back facts and dates, and to think for ourselves. "Do you see, do you know, do you understand?" he'd shout if he felt our attention lagging. "Tell me if you don't understand." His passion was infectious.

10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do? Skip paying my property taxes. I could use that money right now.

11. What were you doing 10 years ago? Worrying that the Cubs would trade my beloved Hall of Famer, Greg Maddux. They did.

12. By this time next year, I ... want to have a better grip on my finances.

13. What is something that you need to do but you've procrastinated on? Vacuum. 

14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime? Oh, Don Draper!




15. What is your greatest pet peeve? Space hogs. If you didn't pay for a separate fare for your backpack, get it off the seat next to you!

16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles? In June I went to Muskegon, MI, for my niece's commencement. She graduated Cum Laude, and I'm so very proud.

17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? Thesaurus. On Thursday I needed a workable synonym for "choose" or "select." I was disappointed.

18. Do you have a nickname? What is it? When I was little, my dad called me "Andy Panda" and "Tiger."

19. What are you dreading at the moment? Donald Trump

20. Do you have a meme you think we should steal?  (Yes, an old trick. But c'mon now. I gotta give it a shot. It's a lot harder to find memes now. But it's ok to answer "You're lazy" and  call it a day.) I Take Surveys and Kwizgiver has some specific good ones. (I left the links on the Sunday Stealing site.)



5 comments:

  1. I had a history teacher like that in high school. For the first time EVER, I liked history...then she was replaced with a tall woman with a hair lip who made us memorize dates. I was an adult before zi regained that passion for history.

    BTW, do you ever check thesaurus.com. This is what I found for "choose." I have found the site invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not paying the property taxes...wish I had thought of that one. I'd like to be in a better place financially by next year, too, and that would help at least a bit. With the government taking more and more of our money I don't know if it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the vacuum. The dirt will still be there when you're ready to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be in a better place financially, but I added a car payment to my monthly mass of bills. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Facebook friend who regularly posts photos from his commute tagged #metradick. You could start something similar for the L. ;-)


    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.