Saturday, February 06, 2016

Not even the lead story

On Thursday, an entire family was found dead in this very ordinary looking bungalow. Six people snuffed out. Two were children.

At first the rumor was that it was a murder- suicide. On Friday, the coroner confirmed that every member of this family had been murdered, no signs of suicide.

The murderers are still out there. So far, no suspects or "persons of interest" have been mentioned by the police.

This evening, it wasn't the top news story. It wasn't even the top crime story. Two people were shot this afternoon on bucolic sounding Cypress Drive in suburban Bolingbrook and two Gary high school football players were shot this evening.

Dear God! We're now living in a world where six murders in one household can be old news in less than 72 hours. I don't know what to do with all my disgust and horror.


1 comment:

  1. That's just awful. I can see why you'd be shocked and horrified. I just don't know what's happening.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.