Monday, September 14, 2015

He's so good it makes me sad

Christopher Reeve is indelibly etched into our national consciousness, first as Superman, and then as America's most inspirational disabled citizen. Those images are so powerful that it's easy to forget he had a career in between.

Right now I'm watching him in Death Trap, a lightweight murder mystery starring Michael Caine. Christopher Reeve is the best thing in it. Playing a character who couldn't be farther from the Man of Steel, he's savvy and graceful and perverse. It was a daring career choice for the man who personified "truth, justice and the American Way."



He so obviously loved acting. I wish he'd had the opportunity to do more. It's aching to think of how his life unfolded and ended.






2 comments:

  1. I forget about what a heartthrob he was, when reflecting on screen legends who make my heart pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Deathtrap on Broadway when it first came out, and so was familiar with it when the Reeve version released on film. I thought he was good in it. After his accident, I think he did a remake of Rear Window.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.