Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hoisted with my own petard

What I've been doing throughout my career is known as target marketing -- taking what we know about consumers (by zip code, by purchasing patterns, by age/gender) and tailoring the offer and message to our audience.

How ironic is it that, then, that I received an offer from Colonial Williamsburg for a special spa spring package? It was obviously carefully targeted to me because spring is when I usually go down there and I haven't booked my trip yet.

Because I had decided not to go. Because I don't think I can afford it.

Even if I do manage to keep my job, I can't do that much traveling this year. I have weekend getaways planned for Los Angeles (October) and Vegas (November) and Christmas in Key West. I have to be a grown up and forgo my annual solo spring spa trip.

But I don't wanna be a grown up! I want massages and facials!

And then this card came in the mail. I could fly to Richmond for free (with my Mileage Plus miles) and stay in the room at the discounted rate of $225/night, which includes a massage!

I am sorely tempted.

We'll see what happens at work and with my tax refund.

Though the bad thing about the Internet is all I have to do is click "book" and it's done.

I am sorely tempted.



Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

4 comments:

  1. Life is short. Take the trip. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that trip would be fabulous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace of mind means a lot. Pick a peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. peace of mind, make the decision on what will give you peace of mind...
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!