Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Fifteen Meme

What was your first job like? Babysitting. I drank Coke, ate potato chips and talked on the phone after the kids went to sleep. Nice work if you can get it.

It’s a typical Sunday, how are you spending it? Church or Meet the Press. Laundry. The rest depends.

What was the happiest day of your life? The first thought that comes to mind was pre-dawn. My then-boyfriend grabbed me in his sleep and held me so tight it actually woke me up. It was sweet.

What was the best decision you ever made? Buying this condo. It's smaller and cheaper than the bank pre-approved me for, but I can afford it. And I find that comforting.

Tell your go-to “pretend” game as a child (who was your alter-ego?) Usually I was dressing my Barbie for her dream date with Paul McCartney. Sir Paul was so much better than dweeby Ken.

What email service do you use? Depends on where I am and what I'm doing -- aol, yahoo or Microsoft Outlook.

What fandoms would you consider yourself a part of? The Beatles, the Cubs

Do you use anything on your lips? (eg. Chapstick, gloss, balm, lipstick) Lip balm in the winter


How many devices do you own which can access the internet? Two -- laptop and tablet. My phone SAYS it accepts email, but it lies.

Last strong smell you can remember smelling? I have three cats. I'll leave this answer to your imagination.

If you had to move your birthday to another date, which one would you choose and why? March or April. Those months need something to brighten 'em up for me.

Inspiration behind your blog title? It was available.

If you could spend a rainy day with anyone in the world, who would you choose and why? My best friend. Because I am always comfortable and never bored with him. I miss him desperately.

Is there a foreign culture that you love? To be honest, I don't know enough about foreign cultures.

Do you have a favorite soft drink? Coke.

8 comments:

  1. I am horribly aware that I have far too many devices that hook into the internet after seeing everyone else's answers to these questions. Thankfully I don't use them all at once. But I have been known to use as many as three at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your Barbie dated Paul McCartney. Ken really was a dweeb, wasn't he? My Barbie was always in and out of relationships with G.I. Joe and the Best of the West guys. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken really was a dweeb, wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Barbie dated Donny Osmond or David Cassiday, depending on her mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see someone else who prefers Coke over Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember those days of eating unlimited potato chips without consequence? I haven't had one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My parents forced me to babysit. Nothing worse than watching little kids!!!! I always love your answers!! Have an amazing week!! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Barbie story cracked me up. I still remember the first time I heard them on my transistor radio. I remember thinking, "This song is amazing. It's so different from any other band I've heard."

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.