watched videos with any regularity since they starred Huey Lewis. And yet "Blurred Lines" was so pervasive last summer that somehow I managed to see that one. I wasn't pleased. I want Growing Pains' Jason Seaver to call his real-life son into the kitchen and give him a stern talking-to.
2) Golden Earring is from the Netherlands. The average life expectancy there is 79 years old. Who is the oldest person you know? I have an uncle in California who must be 80.
3) The song's composer says the song and especially the video wereinspired by the 1980 book, The Bourne Identity. The espionage thriller was finally made into a movie with Matt Damon in 2002. Do you have a favorite secret agent/spy? I have two favorites: Napoleon Solo, the original Man from UNCLE, and his partner, Ilya Kurayakin. Guy Ritchie has made a theatrical version that will be released in 2014. I hope Henry Cavill does justice to the Robert Vaughn role. As originally written, Napoleon Solo was daring, almost insanely upbeat and wily, but not big and strong. Henry Cavill was the most recent Superman, so he's a rather physically imposing guy.
4) The song's title comes from The Twilight Zone TV show, which ran from 1959 to 1964. Are there any old shows that you enjoy watching in reruns? I recently discovered Remington Steele on ME-TV and really enjoy it.
5) "All guys cheat on their girlfriends, so yeah, I forgive him." Sam heard a young woman say that into her phone as they waited in line at the drugstore. While Sam is always surprised by how much personal information people share in the public, that's not what we're concentrating on this morning. Do you think that it's true? Do all guys cheat on their girlfriends? No. A lot do, but not all.
6) Whenever Sam goes to the grocery store she picks up Snausages because her dog looks at her with sad eyes when she tries to reward him anything else. What product has your brand loyalty? As a pet owner, I take my paper towels very seriously, leaning toward Bounty or Viva. I find that spending extra for the quality is ultimately worth it.
7) Do you have a piggy bank or a coin jar? Pennies go into the piggy bank, quarters (for laundry) go into a mug.
8) Sam knows that she's always supposed to wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days, but she sometimes forgets. What do you know you should do, but sometimes don't? I should floss more regularly.
9) Retailers report that sales of Halloween costumes for grown-ups are strong. Since Halloween was earlier this week and there will be parties this weekend ... What's your costume for Halloween 2013? If you aren't dressing up this year, tell us about one of your favorite outfits from a Halloween gone by. I didn't dress up this year at all, but my favorite costume of all time was Harpo Marx. Curly blonde wig, oversized man's coat and hat, and a big bicycle horn. It was fun. I wonder, though, if Harpo would be well recognized today. I just learned last night that my 21-year-old niece had no idea who Clark Gable was.