Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I Want Wednesday

I want relationships to be less complicated. I got into the official Obama celebration last night not because of my own volunteer efforts but because Kathy got two tickets -- as a result of her canvassing efforts in Iowa. And she chose me.

At first I almost said no. I'm trying to distance myself from Kathy. I don't believe our decades-long friendship is good for me.

On the other hand, this was history. To be in the room with Barack Obama when he accepted his second term ... WOW!

So I went. But I felt like I was pimping her.

Am I taking advantage of her, or am I giving her a chance tos how she has changed? I don't know.

I try to be a good person. This makes me uncomfortable.




2 comments:

  1. That's a toughie. I can see why you'd feel like a fair weather friend. On the other hand, it ishistory being made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i suppose you both got something out of it. You to be there for the event and her to feel validated as ok by your agreeing to go, or whatever enjoyments she gets from time with you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.