Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Mrs. Potter's Lullaby

1. Adam Duritz (writer and lead sing of Counting Crows) mentions previous girlfriends in songs. In Mrs. Potter's Lullaby he sings “There a little piece of Maria in every song I sing”. Is there a piece of an ex that will always be a part of you? Yes. A day doesn't go by that I don't think of him wish him well. He was (and still is, I'm sure) a very nice man.

2. Who was your very first significant friend? The one I creatively refer to as My Oldest Friend. There is photographic evidence that we met in late 1962. I remember Beatle-bonding with her in February 1964, when we were in first grade, and I plighted my troth to (not yet Sir) Paul and she to George.

3. What are four (4) things you hope to do this weekend? (1) Get to and from downtown the Loop for lunch with a coworker -- a trial run for my daily commutes when I return to work on Wednesday; (2) do some exercise of some type; (3) catch some of the NCIS marathon on USA network -- have I mentioned lately how much I love Gibbs? (4) Give extra affection to my cat, Charlotte, as I'm worried about her medical malady

4. What do you consider to be the main purpose of your blog? To create an honest snapshot of my life at this moment

5. Tell us something that you've never before written about in your blog because it's too personal. There really hasn't been anything. I'm just careful that "the names have been changed to protect the innocent." Usually me.

6. If you could choose your doctor, do you prefer someone of the same or opposite sex? Why can't I choose my own doctor?

7. If you could dream about anything tonight, what would the subject matter be? Him. But most emphatically not Bill Clinton. I had a very detailed sex dream about The Big Dog and it upset me terribly. I mean, fantasizing about a President? That's creepy. Whose next? Abe? Thomas Jefferson?

8. How do you react to practical jokes when they're played on you? My best friend used to play them on me constantly. At the time I hated it. But now that we see one another so seldom, I miss it.

9. What's on your agenda after this weekend for the upcoming week? I'm returning to work for the first time in more than a month! I expect my agenda to include apologizing for having to wear sweats and other oversized elastic-waistband pants to the office.

5 comments:

  1. I am not sure how I would react if I had a friend that played practical jokes all the time but I do know what you mean about not seeing friend often enough time goes to fast come see my answers at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that your work environment is flexible enough that you can wear comfortable clothes while you need to. Although, now that I think about it, there are a couple of teachers who take casual wear to great heights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    I didn't meet my oldest friend until 7th grade, when we were almost 14 years old). Still, 15 years of somewhat friendship isn't too shabby. Especially given the trials we've endured over that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was late to get on the NCIS bandwagon, but I love the show, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that you mention it, I once had a Bill Clinton dream years ago. It really freaked me out.



    Enjoy the rest of your day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/10/youtube-is-for-making-stars/

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.