Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Lower 40 Meme, Part Two

Cheers to all of us thieves!

21) Have you ever flown a kite? Nope. Though every time I see Mary Poppins, I promise myself anew to try it some day.

22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? Nope.

23) Do you consider yourself successful? Yes. I measure myself against Wilbur the Pig's eulogy of Charlotte: "It is not often that someone comes along who is both a good writer and a true friend." That is my aim and yes, at times I'm proud to say I reach it.

24) When was the last time that you made an obscene phone call? That would be never.

25) Have you ever asked for a pony? Technically speaking, no. Santa will confirm that I requested a horse for three consecutive Christmases.

26) Plans for tomorrow? I hope to finish the Cat Who ... mystery I've been working on for a while.

27) Can you juggle? Only metaphorically.

28) Missing someone now? Yes.

29) When was the last time you told someone "I love you"? I think I most recently said it to my Cousin Rosemary on Friday. I have been saying it very often lately!

30) And truly meant it? And yes, I have really meant it each time. Since my test results came back benign last Saturday, I have a new appreciation for all the important people in my life.

31) How often do you drink alcohol? Under normal circumstances, a couple times a week.

32) How are you feeling today? OUCH! My incision area is alternately sore or itchy. (I'm sorry, that was TMI, huh?)

33) Have you every tried to write a meme? No. I bow to Bud.

34) Have you ever been fired from a job? Nope.

35) What are you looking forward to? Flying a kite someday. (See Question 1)

36) Have you ever crawled through a window? Nope

37) What's the most recent bad meal that you had to endure? Nothing springs to mind. Sorry.

38) Can you handle the truth? "I think I'm entitled to it." That's Tom Cruise's line leading into Nicholson's more famous, "You can't handle the truth." Thank you for giving me an opportunity to share that trivia.

39) Whose to blame for what's going on? Tea baggers. I mean,The Tea Party.

40) What will it take to fix it all up? This is said with all due respect -- the POTUS needs to grow a pair

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 AM

    LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE. YOUR POST WAS NIIIICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 AM

    You were in the hospital for a few days and you can't think of a bad meal you've had recently? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute entry, like it.. love the pic..Have a Bless Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a kite collection. It was very fun to take them out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are all bowing to Bud :)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/09/what-will-it-take-to-fix-it-all-up/

    Monday Mayhem is now posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't write them. If a question bites I usually and come up with a good one because of prompt of the original question. I could never do Mayhem. Harriet thinks of the question...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.