Saturday, September 17, 2011

Alert JAMA

I'm happy to report that there's no connection between my Cub fandom and my uterus.

I had been a wee bit concerned about this. For ever since Labor Day weekend, as my surgery date approached, my passion for my Boys in Blue has waned. The last moment of a game I recall watching was on Sept. 7 against the Reds. I hadn't even missed them!

Until today. Watched the Cubs squeak by the Astros. I even ate a hot dog! You'll have to excuse me if I pass on the Old Style, as I have been advised that it doesn't mix well with prescription painkillers.

I love these guys. Yeah, the season has sucked. What of it? This team has shown a great deal of heart post-Zambrano, putting together impressive winning streaks in August and September. I post this in tribute:

1 comment:

  1. They suck-that's why we stick around. Because they are so lovable while sucking.
    I'd pass on that OS crud too...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.