Saturday, June 04, 2011

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: The Best & the Worst

1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? A very sweet and mutually supportive exchange with my best friend.

The worst? The ongoing project at work that I just can't seem to get right. I keep tripping up on the ®'s and ™'s. It's maddening.

2. What's the best thing someone's done for you (recently or not so recently)? Thinking about my niece's high school graduation reminds me of my own, when Cousin Rose took off work and drove down to support me.

What's the worst thing someone's done to you (again, recently or not so recently)? Stephen Doe, what he initially did to me and refusing to let it recede into the past.

3. What's the best thing about your job? The writing. I'm an advertising copywriter, and I enjoy coming up with ideas and crafting copy.

Worst? The nits and details and ®'s and ™'s!

4. What's the best new website you've found? The Shibu Inu Puppy Cam. Seriously adorable. My favorite is Charlotte (red collar).

Worst? Nothing comes to mind.

5. What's the best book you've read? Right now, because of John Edwards' current legal problems, Elizabeth's moving Resilience is top of mind.

Worst? Stranger in Paradise, a supremely disappointing Jesse Stone book by the usually great Robert Parker. No link provided because you don't want to read this ickfest.

6. What's the best movie you've seen? Bonnie & Clyde.

Worst? Love Happens.

7. What's the best meal you've had? I had heavenly lobster ravioli once. Sigh.
Worst? A trip to Boston Market that resulted in food poisoning.

8. What's the best holiday? Christmas.

Worst? Christmas, because I expect so much from it.

9. What's the best thing in your future? My best friend's birthday is coming up!
Worst? I'm very worried about my oldest friend. I don't believe she'll turn her personal ship of life around until she completely rams into the ice berg, and I just hate sitting around waiting for it to happen.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.