Friday, April 01, 2011

Pumpkin. It's not just for pie anymore.

Wednesday was steam heat day for me at the spa. First I had a very energetic hot stone massage. Veronika, the massage therapist I'd had on Tuesday, knew where my knots and kinks were and she stretched and pressed and manipulated me back to alignment with trained hands and careful placement of hot stones. Then I had a custom facial. Yes, there was exfoliation and moisturizing and (ouch!) extracting, but my favorite part was the pumpkin mask. Rich in antioxidants and enzymes, it absorbs quickly into the skin to refresh and protect. It felt so good I bought a tube to use in my very own bathroom.

Though I miss the quiet, elegant, relaxing atmosphere of the spa. If I go to Williamsburg again next year, I think I want an extra day, or at least an extra half day. I could use a little more pampering.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, you need another day or half day. I'm enjoying your vacation and treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking maybe asking for a gift certificate for the spa near my house for my upcoming birthday...or maybe next year (for the big 30!).

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.