Friday, August 06, 2010

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: Friends

1. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? I currently have about six friends -- and by friends I mean people with whom I share more than annual birthday or Christmas wishes -- that have lasted more than a decade. I expect to carry all of them forward, plus my current best friend.

2. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what’s the first thing you look at? The shape of my face -- which is very round.

3. Who was the most recent person on your missed call list on your cell phone? What’s your relationship with the person? The dispatcher from the local cab company was calling to tell me the cab I requested had arrived. I didn't pick up because I was already getting into the cab when the call came. I don't consider the dispatcher and I as having a relationship ...

4. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? It's gobbledy-gook, a confirmation message from my bank that my cell phone can receive their texts.

5. How would you “label” yourself? Highly individual and difficult to label.

6. What was your favorite age that you’ve been? 35. I felt very sexy and womanly.

7. What is your current desk top picture? What’s its significance? These two photos rotate. Believe it or not, Jackie O is under a great deal of duress in these shots. I keep them on my desktop to remind me to keep my head, no matter what. For the full story behind these photos, click here.

8. What was the last thing you said to someone that you‘d like to take back? Oh, Lord! I seem to forever being putting my foot in it! One recent thing was telling my oldest friend that I believed that, if we were living out The Golden Girls, she's be Rose and I'd be Sophia. I meant that she was very sweet. It wasn't until I heard myself say it that it hit me -- she could think I was calling her "stupid."

9. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose? ALL my mistakes, not just one? Hell, I'd jump at that!

4 comments:

  1. 8. What was the last thing you said to someone that you‘d like to take back? Oh, Lord! I seem to forever being putting my foot in it! One recent thing was telling my oldest friend that I believed that, if we were living out The Golden Girls, she's be Rose and I'd be Sophia. I meant that she was very sweet. It wasn't until I heard myself say it that she could think I was calling her "stupid."


    I would have totally gotten what you meant. Rose is sweet, she is the type of person who sees the good in every situation and person-which I was more like her, but I am definitely a Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless Rose and Sophia.
    There is probably a little bit of each of them in all of us.


    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/08/shop-till-ya-drop-with-the-lunch-babes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jackie O! Have a great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your desk top pictures. I would take the million dollars because I don't have many mistakes to fix... and I could do much more with the money!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.