Friday, June 04, 2010

Almost perfect


Oh, how I enjoyed this evening's 3-block walk home from the el station! 82ยบ, sun low in the sky, the scent from lilac bushes in the air. It wasn't yet 7:00 but the outdoor cafe was already filled with upbeat diners, as they all thought it was an almost perfect evening, too.

I'd been in kind of a pissy mood all afternoon. And yet, smelling the lilacs as I head home to a beer, an episode of NCIS and the Cubs vs. Houston almost redeemed the day. It's the moments, you know?

It was a wee bit too humid, but that's such a tiny quibble.

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty rare to have a perfect day here...too often it gets too muggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds ideal! I love the lilac tree by the front door of my apartment house--when I come and go I just inhale and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.