Thursday, March 25, 2010

This was a first


After a very long, very unpleasant meeting yesterday -- literally hours of finger pointing -- I was wrung out and exhausted. One of my coworkers, previously mentioned in this blog for her insistence on being adversarial, continued the meeting, one-on-one, again today.

Now I know I only have 10 days until vacation. I know I may have an even shorter tenure at this agency, if the rumors of a "bloodbath" are accurate. But I cannot take this from her another moment. It isn't professional. It's isn't fair. It's not right.

So I went to my boss' office and told him I was not coming in tomorrow. And that when I come in on Monday, she better understand that this particular conversation between us is over. If she continues to beat this dead horse with me, I am going to her boss.

He asked me for details. He spoke to another member of the creative team who has been a witness of all this, and then told me to go home. He'd see me Monday.

I feel good. I feel like myself again. I stood up for myself and refused to be a victim.

But I also feel wicked, naughty. I have never done anything like this before. Should I feel guilty if I enjoy this free long weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the weekend--guilt free. Teacher says so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! The Gal takes no shit! I love it. You did the right thing and enjoy your three day weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you absolutely did the right thing. Enjoy your weekend guilt free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENJOY!! Enjoy all three long days all for yourself! I am glad you stood up for yourself sometimes we all need a moment when we say ENOUGH! I am glad you had yours :) Now...what to do with three days? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this. I'm proud of you.
    Enjoyed? No guilt.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.