Thursday, March 25, 2010

Channeling Jackie

When I was a little girl, one of my Girl Scout leaders warned me about wishing my life away, day dreaming about the future so much and so often that I don't enjoy today.

Good advice, for sure, unless you really wouldn't be enjoying today anyway

Today was a rough, rough day at work. I am sad about my uncle. My best friend is incommunicado, luxuriating in the 79ยบ warmth of this Acapulco night (I checked).

I am weary in mind and spirit. Yet it's 4:15 AM and I can't sleep. I just wish I could sleep -- and sleep non-stop for the next 11 days. Then I could wake up and find myself heading to Colonial Williamsburg and monitoring how the Cubs are doing on their first game of the season.

But tomorrow I have to go back to the office and be professional, even as though around me aren't.

So tomorrow I'll spend the day asking myself, "What would Jackie do?"And I know the answer. JBKO would just put on her sunglasses and keep going.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is put one foot in front of the other and carry on. I hope today is an improvement.

    Btw...tagged you to participate in Hershey's Better Basket:
    http://www.endomental.com/2010/03/hersheys-better-basket-blog-hop.html

    Official site here: http://betterbasket.info/bloghop/

    Maybe you can cheer someone else up today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep walking in a straight line. It'll help.

    When I was younger I used to wish I had a fast forward button when I was looking forward to a trip or some special event.

    Come to think of it, still wish I had a button like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.