Sunday, September 13, 2009

September Fitness Challenge

Day 13. Bad choices have consequences. I had a lovely, large coffeehouse breakfast. On the way home, I did a little grocery shopping and consumed a box of Hot Tamales candy, satisfying my cinnamon craving. All that heavy food and followed by a sugar crash left me a little sleepy so I lay down for just a moment ... and woke up during the 4th inning of the (also very satisfying) Cub game.

Dammit! I was going to use most of my naptime to do my laundry! The healthclub closes early on Sunday! I screwed up. Dammit.

So I'm paying the price. Just a bowl of oatmeal and some rice cakes for dinner. Period. I'll do leg lifts and maybe some sit ups during Mad Men.

Yesterday I had a good reason for missing my workout. A dental appointment to repair my crown and my friend Kathleen's problems are more important than my health regime. If there's a valid reason for a lapse, I'll forgive myself, toss the calorie count out the window and start anew tomorrow. But a lazy-ass nap and a big, movie-sized box of candy don't constitute a reason.

1 comment:

  1. Crap. It is 10PM on a Sunday and in reading your post I just realized I totally spaced on doing laundry this weekend. That means I have to do it all throughout the week which sucks. Duh.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.